Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Company:
Evolution Architecture is looking for a Design Associate to join our growing team.
Our company focuses on building envelope restoration, renovation, consulting, and project management on multi-family, Class A office, medical facilities, hotels, and more. Our work consists of three major components: from intensive investigation and documentation to designing custom solutions and details and is followed by onsite observation and project management of repairs. Evolution Architecture’s wholistic approach allows for the best solutions to every size problem. We work with some of the largest commercial and residential property management companies, building engineering teams, and property asset groups in Washington including Columbia Center, Smith Tower, Two Union Square, T-Mobile Headquarters, and the Bellevue Collection. A more detailed list of projects that we have worked on can be found on our website: www.evolutionarchitecture.net.
This role focuses on multi-family re-clad/renovation work with some opportunity for commercial renovation/envelope work.
- Revit modeling and detailing
- Preparation of construction documents for cost estimating, permitting, and construction.
- Perform field observations to document existing conditions for site specific repair details
- Field measurement for as-built plan preparation
- Prepare façade design and color studies (using Revit, Sketchup, Photoshop, or a combination)
- Attend client meetings and assist Senior Architects with client communication, consultant coordination, and overall project organization and scheduling
- Proficient in Revit (can build a model from scratch)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Interest and experience with materials and detailing
- Ability to prepare permit/construction drawing sets and specifications
- Construction administration experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Building envelope and detailing experience a plus (siding, roofing, weather resistive barriers, flashings, waterproofing, etc.)
- Permitting experience with local jurisdictions a plus
- Interest or experience in façade design a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
- Twice yearly bonus based on performance and profitability
Health Care (eligible after 60 day probationary period)
- Medical & Dental - 100% coverage for employees and 80% coverage for dependents
- (11) Paid Holidays
- Unlimited Paid Vacation (eligible after 90 day probationary period)
- 5 days (eligible after 3-month probationary period)
Monthly Vehicle Allowance
Monthly Cellphone Allowance